Cedar Tiled Garden Studio
This beautiful cedar tiled garden studio was custom designed and built for a local customer. Designed to create an attractive and useful space in a small garden without causing an intrusive impact on the local area or other residences.
Before construction the area was prepared, cleared and levelled to create a suitable foundation.
- 3.6m x 3.6m
- 1.2m x 3.6m varanda
- Eves height –
- Ridge height – not to exceed 2.5m to comply with the government permitted development program
- 45mm x 70mm timber framework
- The exterior walls were cladded in 19mm shiplap (finished size 14mm)
- The interior floor is 18mm pressure treated Wisa spruce ply-board
- Breathable membrane
- 50mm Celotex insulation
- The interior was lined using 19mm x 150mm tongue and groove boards including cover strips to hide all fixings
- Cedar shingles were used on the roof. With 25mm x 38mm roofing battern and breathable membranes also used. This was finished with 12mm wisa spruce treated ply-board
- The roof was lined with 9mm far -eastern ply-board (this can be painted white for an additional cost)
- A decked veranda was also incorporated into this build
- Fully insulated and lined roof houses a Velux roof window and has been tiled in a Cedar roof shingles, this natural and traditional roofing material is a highly durable and extremely attractive, as it naturally settles into a range of colours.
- Casement windows and rebated glazed doors were also hand built in our workshop, all fitted with 4-6-4 double glazed units separated with Georgian glazing bars. Black antique furniture, casement stays and a 5 lever sash mortice lock with rebate kit. All windows and doors are draught excluded.
- Exterior fixing points have been filled and sanded before the final coat of paint was applied. This studio was painted using Sadolin Supadec, In ‘Burlesque’ and ‘Sargasso Sea’ and black guttering was fitted to the front and rear.
Full electrics were also installed into this garden studio and electrics can be added to any of our timber buildings using a certified qualified electrician.
We specialise in creating bespoke, high quality sheds and studios, summerhouses and garages and even stables and outbuildings. Working closely with our customers to ensure every detail is perfect, using the best craftsmanship and materials to give a long lasting, beautiful product.
£495.00 – delivery and installation fee (excluding Scotland or the Scottish highlands)
Optional extra’s include:
- Electric pack
- Painting using Sadolin Superdec (three coats)
To discuss your project ideas, take advantage of our design service or arrange a free estimate simply call us on 01398 351354 or email email@example.com and we will be happy to help.