Log Cabin With Wood Burner
A secluded log cabin wood burner is a perfect retreat for a short break, our cabins can be used as office space or anything your imagination lets it become
Log Cabin With Wood Burner – Sizing
- 5000mm x 3000mm
- 1200mm x 3000mm
- 1500mm x 1500mm – additional room on the rear to house the Eco-toilet
- We used 45mm x 95mm pressure treated graded timbers to construct the cabin framework. Additionally we used a mixture of 100mm x 100mm, 125mm x 125mm posts and 45mm x 95mm timbers to make the base sub-frame.
- We used log lap cladding which overall gave the cabin a nice look.
- The team installed a breathable membrane to the whole building
- We used 14mm x 88mm tongue and groove lining for the internal lining of the cabin
- 75mm Celotex insulation for the floor, walls and roof
- 18mm ply-board was used for the floor. Additional we then laid underlay and laminate flooring.
- Skirting boards are used to finished off the laminate flooring
- The 18mm ply-board is painted white to line the ceiling
- We used a roofing membrane on the roof and cedar shingles were used on a 25mm x 38mm roofing batten
- This building has a 1200mm x 3000mm veranda with handrails and spindles and a decked area
- Local sheep graze near the cabin so with this in mind a single gate on the veranda to stop them entering the cabin was installed.
- Double French doors with 6 panes of double glazed toughened glass and the doors had a closed board bottom. Fitted with draught excluder, a mortise lock, water bar, black handles and also stainless steel butt hinges
- Multiple fixed and non fixed windows all with double glazing
- Double glazing, 4-16-4
- x3 double glazed opening skylights each measuring 780mm x 550mm
- Log burner with slate hearth
- Fire retardant backing and a carbon monoxide detector
- Guttering with leaf guards
In addition we also installed a Eco Composter to compost all the toilet waste.
This log cabin was completely bespoke for our customer. We can make our cabins to any size you require and with this in mind we can add or remove components to your needs. We can undertake all grounds – work as well as installing electrics and plumbing if needed. Finally if you have an idea then please do get in contact on 01398 351354 or 01398 332266 or you can email us your ideas email@example.com