Log Cabin With Wood Burner
A secluded log cabin with wood burner is a perfect retreat for a short break, our cabins can be used as office space or anything your imagination lets it become
- 5000mm x 3000mm
- 1200mm x 3000mm
- 1500mm x 1500mm – additional room on the rear to house the Eco-toilet
- The framework of the cabin has been constructed using 45mm x 95mm pressure treated graded timbers.
- A mixture of 100mm x 100mm, 125mm x 125mm posts and 45mm x 95mm timbers were used to make the base sub-frame
- We used log lap cladding which gave the cabin a nice look.
- The team installed a breathable membrane to the whole building
- We used 14mm x 88mm tongue and groove lining for the internal lining of the cabin
- The floor, walls and roof were insulated with 75mm celotex insulation
- 18mm ply-board was used for the floor and we laid underlay and laminate flooring.
- The laminate flooring was finished off with skirting boards
- 18mm ply-board was painted white to line the ceiling at the customers request
- A roofing membrane was applied to the roof and cedar shingles were used on a 25mm x 38mm roofing batten
- This building has a 1200mm x 3000mm veranda with handrails and spindles and a decked area
- A must for this cabin was a single gate on the veranda to stop local sheep grazing entering the cabin.
- The main doors were double French doors with 6 panes of double glazed toughened glass and the doors had a closed board bottom. The doors were fitted with draught excluder, a mortise lock, water bar, black handles and stainless steel butt hinges
- Multiple fixed and non fixed windows all with double glazing
- All the double glazing was 4-16-4 and the glazing in the doors was toughened glass
- x3 opening skylights each measuring 780mm x 550mm – all were double glazed
- Log burner with slate hearth
- Fire retardant backing and a carbon monoxide detector
- Guttering with leaf guards
We also installed a Eco Composter to compost all the toilet waste.
This log cabin was completely bespoke for our customer. We can make our cabins to any size you require and can add or remove components to your needs. We can undertake all grounds – work as well as installing electrics and plumbing if needed. If you have an idea then please do get in contact on 01398 351354 or 01398 332266 or you can email us your ideas firstname.lastname@example.org