This beautiful cedar tiled garden studio was custom designed and built for a local customer. Designed to create an attractive and useful space in a small garden without causing an intrusive impact on the local area or other residences.
Grounds work can be done by our team at The Wooden Workshop prior to your building being installed, we prepared, cleared and levelled to create a suitable foundation.
- 3.6m x 3.6m
- 1.2m x 3.6m varanda
- Ridge height – not to exceed 2.5m to comply with the government permitted development program
- 45mm x 70mm timber framework
- Cladded in 19mm shiplap (finished size 14mm)
- The interior floor has 18mm pressure treated Wisa spruce ply-board
- Breathable membrane
- 50mm Celotex insulation
- We have many interior cladding options our customer choose 19mm x 150mm tongue and groove boards. This included cover strips to hide all fixings
- Our customer chose cedar shingles as a roof covering, with 25mm x 38mm roofing battern and breathable membranes also used.
- The roof was lined with 9mm far -eastern ply-board (this can be painted white for an additional cost)
- A decked veranda
- Fully insulated and lined roof houses a Velux roof window and has been tiled in a Cedar roof shingles.
- Casement windows and rebated glazed doors were also hand built in our workshop, all fitted with 4-6-4 double glazed units separated with Georgian glazing bars. Black antique furniture, casement stays and a 5 lever sash mortice lock with rebate kit. All windows and doors have draught excluders.
- To ensure a smooth finish on our buildings we fill, sand and paint all the exterior fixing points. This studio was painted using Sadolin Supadec, In ‘Burlesque’ (Doors & windows) and ‘Sargasso Sea’ (Building) and black guttering was fitted to the front and rear.
We offer full electrics with all of our buildings, using a certified qualified electrician.
We specialise in creating bespoke, high quality sheds and studios, summerhouses and garages. Working closely with our customers to ensure every detail is perfect, using the best craftsmanship and materials to give a long lasting, beautiful product.