Our bespoke Oak framed wedding gazebo constructed for Huntsham Court.
We always say at The Wooden Workshop we love bespoke projects and this is certainly one we will not forget. The team throughly enjoyed working on it
So how did we build it?
Here is an overview on the construction of the build
- We used ‘A’ grade fresh sawn green oak posts for the main structural posts
- Next we created the main roof structure using ‘A’ green oak
- The whole structure has mortise and tenon joints and all joints were doweled to secure them into position.
- The structure had curved corner braces for decorative and structural purposes. These were also jointed into the structure
- In the centre of the underside of the gazebo we added a feature of oak arches to add a focal point for guests while standing under the wedding gazebo.
- Painted sheets of 12mm marine grade ply-board have been decorated with gold stars to match the ceiling in the main house.
- These were fixed into place onto the structure which gave it this stunning effect.
- Next we applied a roofing membrane followed by counter batten and batten the roof ready to take our clay roofing tiles
- We then fixed the individual clay tiles, this was very time consuming as there were a lot of cuts and angles for the hips.
- Next came the interesting part of our oak framed wedding gazebo. A wooden dove cote box had been constructed by us to match in with another part of the main house. Complete with sheet lead and a spier on the top. We used a tele handler because of its weight and height to move this into position and fix into place. The hardwood box and lead work was all carried out by us as well.
If you have a project in mind then please do get in touch on 01398 332266 or you can email us