Terms & Conditions
Full Terms and Conditions
- All estimates are based on prices of materials available on the date of the estimate and are subject to a price change if the material costs go up in-between the estimate and the work commencing.
- The Wooden Workshop will always try to advise on a commencing and completion dates either verbally, or written. The Wooden Workshop does this in good faith and no liability shall be accepted for the non-fulfilment of these dates due to any circumstances.
- We are a small family run company and if there are delays on previous jobs, delays due to weather conditions then our lead times may be extended. We will do our best to keep you updated on any delays but we cannot guarantee your order will be completed on the stated lead time. Discounts will not be offered if our lead times run over, they are a guide only.
- Cancellation of any jobs must be done in writing by the customer no later than 14 days from order placement. We reserve the right to charge the customer for any costs incurred prior to the cancellation. All of our items are made to order and we will advise on lead time upon order placement. We hold limited stock in our workshop. Any product being constructed to your own personnel specification or alterations or personalisation of one of our shop product will deem the item as bespoke therefore you will be unable to cancel your order after the 14 day period without being charged the full price.
- All planning permission needs to be applied for by the customer and The Wooden Workshop cannot be held responsible for this if it is not done
- The Wooden Workshop hold public liability insurance but we cannot accept liability for unauthorised people on site or animals.
- Whilst every care possible is taken we cannot be held responsible for any damage to electricity cables, gas or water pipes.
- All materials and products shall remain the The Wooden Workshop’s property until full payment has been received.
- Our sheds are built to metric formation so there will be sizing differences from imperial sizes (i.e feet – meters)
- All measurements on all of our products are exterior finished sizes not internal dimensions unless otherwise stated.
- These terms and conditions are final unless agreed in writing by Dean or Laura Lander and signed
- We require a deposit at our discretion which will depend on job size and materials needed when the estimate is accepted. This will be clearly stated on your estimate in writing. (Approximately 50% is usually required)
- For larger projects we ask for a signed copy of the estimate to confirm all the relevant details and plans for the job. This needs to be completed before we will commence work. An instalment plan may also need to be set up with interim payments.
- The final payment is due prior to delivery of your product.
- If the final payment on site jobs has not been made within 7 days of the invoice then we reserve the right to charge 2% every month on your account until the balance is cleared.
- Payments can be made in Cash, debit or credit card or BACS.
- Any queries should be made in writing within 3 days of the invoice
- Items being delivered by courier on a pallet will be given a delivery date.
- Whilst every effort is made to accommodate your requests we cannot guarantee it
- If the delivery address has poor access we need to be informed before delivery is booked. If the courier cannot get to the customers property the customer will incur all costs in getting the item re-delivered
- If the customer is out when the delivery comes the customer will incur all costs in getting the item re-delivered
- The customer will need to sign for the delivery
- Deliveries will be between 9am – 5pm
- We can offer a timed delivery (within 1 hour), AM delivery (before 10am), or Saturday delivery but this will incur additional costs.
- We cannot provide a time of delivery unless one of the above services are added to the delivery
- The courier drivers will not be able to help lift or move the item off the pallets and all deliveries will be made to kerb side only.
The Customer must provide a solid level base for installation; you must inform us if you do not have a suitable hard standing area. If on arrival the base prepared by the customer is not to standard the installation may be aborted at the discretion of the fitting team.
- If a new installation date has to be set due to a poor unsuitable base being prepared the customer may incur additional charges depending on location and size of product ordered.
- Clear access all round the base is required.
- Please contact us if you have any concerns with your base where we will be more than happy to help.
- All of our sheds and log stores will require an additional clearance of 75mm – 100mm on the footprint of the product. This is to allow for the roof overhang.
- We ask that you have adequate room for us to be close enough to your property for unloading. If we are required to carry the product further than 25 meters we need to know before we arrive for delivery.
- If any deliveries are to be made through a narrow, small, or through a house we will need to know this in advance before delivery as it may alter the price and method of construction.
- It is the customer responsibility to provide reasonable unobstructed access for the delivery / installations teams.
- Due to Health & Safety legislation we are unable to carry products over fencing, roofs or hedging ect.
Protecting Your Product
- We offer six months warranty on all our outbuildings, sheds and log stores which means if any of the fixtures on the building becomes faulty within six months we will replace it.
- To claim on the warranty you will need to put it in writing along with photographic evidence.
- This however does not include acts of nature including damages caused by strong winds, rain, snow or gales. We recommend you protect your item on your household insurance. The Warranty does not cover warping or shrinking of the timber due to the weather elements. These specifics are beyond our control and The Wooden Workshop cannot be held responsible as wood is a natural material and it is prone to movement. We recommend a good quality wood preservative is used annually on our sheds/ log stores and an exterior stain / varnish / oil on our hardwood benches to keep your item in good condition and prolong its life.
- We recommend that small softwood and hardwood furniture gets stored in a dry environment over the winter months or covered.
Returns and Cancellations
- Please notify The Wooden Workshop within 48 hours of delivery if you notice any faults with your product.
- We will accept returns only for faulty goods. Returns will not be accepted if the goods have been ordered incorrectly by the customer.
- Any returns costs will be chargeable to the customer if the item is not fault.
- Once you receive your product you may return it within 7 days without giving a reason if it is not a bespoke product to receive a full refund. Please note the customer will be responsible for all shipping costs to return the item unless it is faulty. The item must not have been assembled and must be returned in the same condition as when it was originally dispatched.
Last updated January 2018