This beautiful Waney edge hunting cabin was a recent build for a customer in Wales.
- The cabin covers an area of 6m x 4m
- Total height of 4.8m to the ridge
- The base made from 100mm x 100mm posts, set in a concrete footings.
- 45mm x 145mm floor joists with 22mm x 145mm floor boards, all pressure treated
- The walls and studwork were constructed from 45mm x 70mm pressure treated timber. The entire structure was lined and insulated with 50mm Celotex insulation sheets and lined with 9mm hardwood far eastern ply-board.
- 25mm rustic waney edge cladding gave it a fantastic finish and we added matching removable shutters on all windows. Durable and low maintenance Onduline roofing sheets in black were the chosen roofing material.
- A mezzanine floor added in the apex gave additional space to the building
- The floor was constructed using 45mm x 125mm timbers at 300mm centers to maximise floor strength. These supported 22mm x 145mm tongue and groove floorboards.
- 6mm laminated glass, with fixed windows protected by removable, lockable shutters. With one small opening window to the front of the building to help with ventilation. We created a set of matching steps in the same waney edge finish.
We specialise in bespoke timber buildings and can undertake groundworks, construction and installation. To discuss your next project, please call our friendly team on 01398 332266 or send us an email